Thursday, May 17, 2018

Tacker's Shake Shack

Tacker's Shake Shack
409 Military Rd
Marion, AR 72364
870-739-3943


My oldest monkey, Satchel (age 16), has a girlfriend (!!) who lives in Marion, Arkansas. This means his dad and I have been shuttling him back and forth. Last Thursday, I decided to make the most of it with a stop for dinner at Tacker's Shake Shack (also known as "Big John's.") Jiro (age 14) was on board, but Satchel requested to be dropped off at said girlfriend's first. He did, however, offer this as he exited the car, "Get a chocolate coconut milkshake."

From midtown, Big John's is about a 30 minute drive. And it's just a minute or two away from the Sultana Disaster Museum for those of you looking for summer outings.

Untitled

The Shake Shack also has a nice little patio.

Untitled

Once inside, Jiro and I were a little overwhelmed by the menu. Not only do they have breakfast all day, they have a bazillion burgers to choose from. And grilled chicken specialties. And favorite dinners. And sandwiches. It's nuts. (You can see PDFs of the menu here.) The gal at the register said, "Y'all can sit down and look at the menu if you want." So we did.

I also took a moment to read the story of the Shake Shack.

Untitled

We finally settled on what we wanted and placed our order. Jiro, who wasn't that hungry after snacking all afternoon, ordered the fried shrimp dinner with fries and the chocolate coconut shake. I went with the breakfast burger (complete with a fried egg, bacon, cheese and hashbrowns) and a side of fries. I figured Jiro would share his shake, so I just got a water. (I *may* have asked about club soda, just because I'm "cringey," but they didn't have any. Our total came to $21.41 plus tip.

Jiro turned to his phone, and I did some snooping around since there was a LOT to look at in Big John's.

Untitled

He was clearly an Elvis fan.

Untitled

Untitled

Our food came out after a few minutes and the young man asked if we were missing anything. "Just the shake," I said. And then he hollered at the gal behind the counter and then a few minutes later we got our shake.

Jiro's shrimp basket didn't look too extraordinary, but it was good enough and he was happy. I mentioned that he should have gotten the shrimp po-boy and he said, "WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME THEY HAD SHRIMP PO-BOYS?!"

Untitled

Now, let's talk about my breakfast burger. HOLY SHIT. It was freaking delicious. Like way delicious. Like "why I have never eaten at Big John's before and every day since" delicious!

Untitled

It could definitely give Hopdoddy's breakfast burger a run for the money. I will say that the fries were fairly lacking though. Just standard frozen crinkle cuts, and not especially crispy.

BUT. I'm saving the best for last.

Behold the chocolate coconut milkshake.

Untitled

Yeah, I know. It doesn't look like much, but it was GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD. Really, really. REALLY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD.

I should also mention they make and sell fried pies.

We'll be back.

Big John's Shake Shack Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...