Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Wimpy's

Wimpy's
150 N. Avalon
901-249-2725


I noticed Wimpy's on a trip to Home Depot, as it is tucked into the strip mall in the parking lot. I was intrigued. I did a little research and discovered that their burgers are made to order, the sauces are house-made, and the milkshakes hand-spun.

Untitled

The next time I needed to go Home Depot, I had Satchel (15) with me. I told him that Wimpy's was the midtown version of Sear Shack. That sold him.

They have outdoor seating, which is very important to me.

Untitled

The inside of the restaurant is clean and bright. It's an order at the counter kind of place, and then they bring everything out. Well, except drinks. You get those yourself.

Untitled

There's a mix of the Wimpy we know from the Popeye cartoons and a reimagined, modern day Wimpy, decorating the walls (and menus and cups, etc.).

Untitled
Untitled

We were both impressed by the menu, particularly the free toppings.

Untitled
Untitled

Satch went with a buffalo chicken sandwich with pineapple. I got The Wimpy with pimento cheese and banana peppers. We decided to share some fries and Satch also got a cookies and cream milkshake.

The food came out after a few minutes and we dug in. Satchel's eyes literally rolled into the back of his head when he tasted his sandwich. "It's soooooooooo good," he said. (It was three chicken tenders with buffalo sauce and a big slice of pineapple. Simple, but all of his favorite flavors.)

Untitled

He also immediately began dipping his fries in his shake, which I had to try. Yum! on both the shake and the fries dipped in shake.

Untitled

I was pleased with the way my burger looked and tasted. I liked that it had fancy lettuce. It was also a good size--I had trouble finishing it.

Untitled

When we were done, Satchel noticed that he could have gotten fried pickles and cheese fries. "We are definitely coming back," he said.

I ended up going back the next day with Jiro (13) and one of his buddies after soccer. (I kind of felt bad for trying a new place without him.) They both ordered plain burgers and shakes, but were both very happy.

Untitled

And then about a week later, I ended up going back with both monkeys. Satchel got his same buffalo chicken sandwich, but also got the cheese fries he'd been craving. (Just fries with cheese sauce on top, nothing special. Satch added the ketchup.)

Untitled

I tried the grilled chicken salad with bacon, which was pretty fine. I'll basically eat anything with banana peppers listed in the description.

Untitled

Jiro had another plain burger and an order of fried Oreos with strawberry sauce. These were a hot with both monkeys.

Untitled

Again, we were all happy with our meals. The staff has been super friendly and I haven't found anything to complain about, which is weird.

The bathrooms are also very nice and have a changing table.

Go try it for yourself and let me know what you think.

1 comment:

Mommy of 2 said...

The original is in Southaven near Snowden Grove. It's amazing too

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...