Monday, November 16, 2015

Curry Bowl

Curry Bowl
4141 Hacks Cross Rd.
207-6051


I haven't ever been a big fan of Indian food, with the exception of when Maharabi was open, but I have been hearing great things about Curry Bowl. Since it is waaaaaaaaay out on Hacks Cross, I just assumed I would never eat there. However, now that Satchel (13) is reffing at Mike Rose on the reg, and I am his driver, I decided to take him for lunch when his games ended on Saturday.

Curry bowl

We arrived around 1:15pm, and barely found a parking spot. Ditto on a table. It was packed, mostly with Indian diners. There was even a birthday party in the back room.

Apparently the weekend buffet is a big hit and THE time to go. Typically I am not a fan of buffets. I knew I wanted to order off the menu, but I though it would be good for Satchel to try it. The only problem was that he refused to go alone. (Teenagers!) So, he somehow convinced me to get the buffet too, despite being on crutches. (I broke my foot playing soccer last week.) "I'll carry your plate," he promised.

So off we went.

Curry bowl

Filling a plate while on crutches is challenging.

Curry bowl

I really only cared about Chicken 65, which was not featured, but I was told the Shangri la chicken was similar. (It was.) I have no idea what anything else was, but it was tasty.

Satchel didn't get anything too exciting, but he got two plates of it.

Curry bowl

I asked him to get some of the samosa chat and he did. It was ok.

Curry bowl

Half of the buffet was American food--French fries and whatnot. Which would be good for younger, pickier monkeys. (There is a kids menu.)

Curry bowl

And an impressive bread selection.

Curry bowl

Finally, I couldn't stand it. I ordered Chicken 65 off the menu, because I wanted to know if it was good as Maharaba, and I really wanted to try the Honey chili cauliflower. Both came out super fast. I sent Satchel back to the buffet to get rice and naan, since neither seemed to come with the dishes.

Curry bowl

The Chicken 65 was really good, but not as good as Maharaba--they used fried chicken. The honey chili cauliflower was AMAZING. Really. So. Good. It actually kind of reminded me of lemongrass tofu, which is weird, and it even had a little buffalo chicken vibe going. I was really glad I decided to go ahead and order it.

Not surprisingly we totally stuffed ourselves. And we still had leftovers!

Our check was ridiculous: $47.94. But we basically had 4 meals. (The weekend buffet is $11.99.)

I'll definitely be back. I want to work my way through the entire Indo Chinese section of the menu.

Curry bowl

Try it!

Curry Bowl Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...