Thursday, November 05, 2015

Rock'n Dough Pizza + Brew Co.

Rock'n Dough Pizza + Brew Co.
3445 Poplar
901-512-6760


When I picked up the monkeys (Satchel, 13, and Jiro, 11) from their dad's house yesterday, Jiro said, "I have three words for you: Memphis Pizza Cafe." I replied, "I 'm glad you are in the mood for pizza because Rock'n Dough just opened by the U of M." Then I told him about the beignets, and it was a done deal. Satchel was not enthused, but he's 13, so it's his normal state.

We arrived around 5:30pm. (They love posing for pictures.)

Rock n Dough

It was a little confusing as to where to order, but we quickly figured it out. I informed Satchel, who claimed he didn't want pizza, that they had sandwiches and burgers too. (A change from the previous store on Ridgeway.) Of course after seeing the delicious pizzas, he couldn't resist ordering a slice. He did however broker a deal to get a side of fries too.

Rock n Dough
Rock n Dough

Jiro ordered a slice too, and beignets. Even though I am not a gluten hater, I was intrigued by the pizza bowls. (Rock'n Dough does cater to gluten haters though!) There were two options: The Pro (chicken, beef, bacon) and The Liberty (spinach, broccoli, grilled chicken). They are baked with a pesto-tomato sauce and mozzarella. I went with the Liberty and a Greek salad at the suggestion of one of the dudes behind the counter. We all opted for water and our total came to $30.32. We took a number and sat down.

Rock n Dough

The restaurant is quite nice. There's a dartboard, a nice big booth for groups, two HUGE TVs and a lovely bar.

Rock n Dough

They have a good beer selection, and I am thinking maybe they'll one day sell the beer they brew in Jackson? I'm guessing by the addition of "+ Beer Co." to their name.

Rock n Dough

Outside there is a patio that I hope to one day sit on!

Rock n Dough

After a few minutes the monkeys were getting antsy about their pizza. (Somedays they don't eat after school and are ravenous when I pick them up.) The woman behind the pizza counter picked up on this and sent one of the kitchen dudes over. He was super sweet and explained he was going to bring everything out together, but it was no problem to go ahead bring the boys their pizza. So a few moments later they were happily eating pizza and I was enjoying my salad.

The slices are large, New York style, but they came out cut in half. The waitress thought it was because they were for kids, but I noticed other people's slices also cut in half.

Rock n Dough

Jiro was sweet enough to give me a bite. Man, I love their pizza. Soooooooooooooooo good. Why didn't I get a slice??? Anyway, my salad was great.

Rock n Dough

Before I could finish it, my pizza bowl and the fries came out. The fries were perfect.

Rock n Dough

And the pizza bowl was pretty damn tasty. The woman dining next to me even came over to see it.

Rock n Dough

About half way through it I realized that it was actually broccoli, chicken and bacon instead of spinach, but I was not going to be the person who complained about having bacon instead of spinach! Ha! I could only eat about half of it.

Just as I was finishing up, the beignets came out. Holy mother.

Rock n Dough

They were really freaking good. Even cranky ol' Satchel had to admit, "This place is quite delicious." Jiro added, "I'm glad we came here instead of Memphis Pizza Cafe." (MPC, I still love you! But we are going to have to see other people!)

We'll be back. Y'all go.

Here's the menu, btw.

Rock n Dough
Rock n Dough

4 comments:

JMc said...

You had me at beignets!

Anonymous said...

The Jackson brewed beer is really good. I hope you have a chance to have it on tap in Memphis. From Your pictures, the Memphis location looks similar to Jackson. The Pizza has an outstanding crust.



Fred D bapepper2@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

Hands down.....BEST pizza in Memphis!!

Unknown said...

OMG! That was my wife that asked about your pizza bowl. I was the guy in the wheelchair. To think I was THIS close to Greatness - The Dining with Monkeys lady and the Monkeys!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...