Friday, December 30, 2011

Billy Hardwick's All Star Lanes

Billy Hardwick's All Star Lanes
1576 S. White Station
683-BOWL


The Greenberg Clan has been on a bit of a bowling streak. In the last month or so, we've had a couple of family bowling days out at the Cordova Lanes. On our last visit, my sister said we should try Billy Hardwick's next because they do Cosmic Bowling and "they have good food." (We haven't eaten at the Cordova Lanes.)

We couldn't keep the kids up late enough for Cosmic Bowling which starts at 9pm, so we opted to go for dinner. The menu is pretty basic--burgers, hot dogs, pizza, and so on. There isn't a specific seating area for food--there's a full bar where adults can eat, but no kids allowed. However, there are plenty of seats by the lanes.

Team Oster was the first to arrive, so we put in our order for Billy burgers all around. The woman said it would take about 15 minutes and it did.



I ordered four burgers, two fries to share, and some "homemade chicken noodle soup" for Warren. The monkeys (Satchel, 9, and Jiro, 7) complained about having to share fries, but I held fast. Our total was $22, which isn't too bad, but included no drinks. I made the kids get water from the cooler, and I ordered a beer at the bar.

The burgers were big and juicy. Overall, I'd say they were pretty good. Would I make a special trip for one? No.

312. Billy Burger

Jiro complained that his bun was slippery, but managed to polish his off without getting too grumpy.



Warren and I enjoyed our burgers and what fries we could get from the kids. Warren was sorely disappointed by the soup. He said in this case "homemade" meant pouring several cans of veggies into a pot. "I can taste the corn juice," he said.



My sister's family arrived soon after us and ordered a pizza. My brother-in-law insisted it is the best thing on the menu. They were kind enough to share. It was pretty good...for bowling alley pizza.



My other sister actually likened it to skating rink pizza, which she meant as a compliment.

After an hour of bowling, Satchel begged me to get him another hamburger and his very own fries. I complied. It took him awhile, but he did eventually polish it off. I thought it was cute that he put mustard on his fries. He has a serious sour tooth.



It's pretty clear that there isn't anything magical happening food wise at Billy Hardwicks, but family bowling is super fun. There's a Three Little Pigs next door. We may just eat there before bowling next time.

1 comment:

Memphis Que said...

I used to live around the corner from there. Three Little Pigs is really good. They have great burgers too if you don't want barbecue.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...