Wednesday, April 09, 2014

Lost Pizza Co.

Lost Pizza Co.
2855 Poplar Ave.
572-1803


On Friday, we went to check out the new Lost Pizza Co. It's a Mississippi chain that has now made it's way to Memphis. It recently opened in the old Grisanti's location.

Untitled

Sadly, it was too cold to sit on the awesome patio.

Untitled

We were a little confused when we walked in as none of us realized it was an order at the counter place. Luckily there wasn't much of a line. There were three registers and when one opened up, we went to place our order. The girl (high school age tops) behind the register looked bewildered. So much so that I had to ask if I was actually supposed to order at the counter.

She finally came to, and we placed our order. I got a personal size of their version of a buffalo chicken pizza because that is what I have to order if it is on the menu. I can't remember what it was called. Hot Chick, maybe? (The online menu isn't complete.) Warren got a personal Kujo, which has bacon, hickory ham, pepperoni, Italian sausage, ground beef, onions, green peppers, black olives, mushrooms & their house cheese.

The monkeys (Satchel, 11 and Jiro, 9) did not want to eat pizza, so they each got a kids' meal. Jiro ordered mini corndogs (barf) and Satchel ordered boneless wings. He was given about 20 choices of sauces/flavorings and finally settled on mild with ranch dressing. He wanted a salad and so did I. He got a small Ceasar and I got a large to share with Warren.

I ordered four waters and paid the ticket: $44.22. I had to do a double take as it seemed a little high.

I noticed there were crayons along the counter and asked the girl what they were for, assuming they must have some sort of kids menu thingy to color. (The monkeys still like to color.) She didn't know and asked the girl next top her who really didn't seem to know either but said she had some computer paper. We passed.

Untitled

Warren went to get a table and I sent Jiro to get drinks. He pointed out that the kids' meals came with drinks and sent me back for a real cup for he & Satchel to use. Satchel also noted that we were charged .25 each for the four waters. I'm glad someone was paying attention.

By the time we got to the table, the salads were right behind us. They looked good. Nothing special other than the inclusion of a pickle.

Untitled

The kids' meals came flying to the table soon after the salad. Clearly the mini corn dogs were standard frozen fare. Jiro noted the Rice Krispy treat on the menu which is why he wanted the kids' meal. I thought it was at least house made. Nope. So basically I'd put this among the worst things you could feed your kid for dinner.

Untitled

He wasn't complaining though.

Satchel's boneless wings were only slightly better.

Untitled

He actually said they were too spicy to eat, which is not like him at all. They definitely were not mild. I wished they were on my pizza because my supposed buffalo chicken pizza was bland city.

Untitled

Jiro actually went in search of a bottle of hot sauce for me, which made it at least edible. The crust was good. (There was no red sauce or hot sauce, rather the base was ranch dressing, and I'm sorry, but ew! I should have never ordered this. There were also a ton of onions. Why? I take full responsibility for not thoroughly reading the description!)

Warren was the only one among us who liked his meal. His pizza was on the thick crust and he almost couldn't finish it. I had a bite and it was good.

Untitled

On the bright side, the interior is super cute and features a full bar and lots of nice reclaimed objects as decorations.

Untitled
Untitled

There were tons of families there and the service was super fast. However, by 6:30, the line was out the door.

Untitled

I really don't know why they don't do table service. But hey, not my restaurant.

All in all, it was ok. There are definitely a ton of other places I'd rather go to eat pizza, but I think Lost Pizza is a good choice for a beer on the patio or an after soccer pizza party or something like that.

Lost Pizza Co. on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

Bri's Blog Journal said...

We've hit up this place once a week since it's opened. If you go back for that patio beer, order the tamales. So good and I believe they make their own hot sauce.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...