Thursday, March 26, 2015

Porcellino's Craft Butcher

Ed. Note: I went back for breakfast with a friend, and while I still think dinner is more exciting, the Baby Dutch Pancakes are a must try!!

Porcellino's Craft Butcher
711 W Brookhaven Circle
(901) 762-6656


Untitled

Let me start by saying that I went to Porcellino's for dinner in February with a friend and was blown away by the awesomeness. I am a huge fan of Andy & Michael and love, love, love Hog & Hominy and Andrew Michael Italian Kitchen.

The cocktail list at Porcellino's is top notch.

Untitled

The menu itself features such delicacies as dumplings made with collard greens and pork belly.

Untitled

Untitled

And in addition to that, just when you think you can't eat any more, a cart comes by with delicious daily specials.

Untitled

So, please keep all of that in mind when I say that when I took the monkeys (Satchel, 12, and Jiro, 10) to breakfast at Porcellino's over Spring Break it was a little blah.

We arrived at about 8:30am and it was pretty dead--maybe a table or two. I told the boys to look at the menu board and let me know what they wanted.

Untitled

Jiro went with a croissant and the biscuit of the day which featured maple sausage, egg and cheese. Satchel, who was claiming not to be hungry, just wanted a plain biscuit. Our friend, Pavel, ordered a chocolate croissant. I am a big fan of bruleed grapefruit and granola & yogurt, but decided to get the pimento cheese gougeres. And coffee.

Untitled

I placed the order and sent the boys to sit down. In terms of iced coffee I had a couple of options--a cold brew and something with nitrogen. Since I wanted to add milk, the waitress advised going with the cold brew.

Major thumbs up on the coffee.

Untitled

Our total was $28.95 plus tip.

The boys took a seat in the window, which I don't blame them, but I requested that we move to a table.

Untitled
Untitled

We had a number and soon our food came out. That's when we realized we should have grabbed water and silverware from the nearby station.

Untitled
Untitled

Satchel's biscuit was nice & fluffy.

Untitled

Jiro's was a little more exciting, but I was surprised by the teeny tiny sausage patty. We were in a butcher shop after all!

Untitled

I have seen numerous people post pictures of their biscuits on Facebook with comments like "OMGYUM," but I'd say ho hum.

Chocolate croissant looked like what you'd expect. Pavel asked for a second one so it must have been good.

Untitled

The gougeres were cheesy and nice. The kids wanted nothing to do with them.

Untitled

So yeah. It was ok. I hear the lunch is equally unexciting. Maybe they really want to focus on the butcher shop during the day? Or maybe they need all day to prep for the awesome dinner items? That's cool, albeit a little disappointing for the Andy/Michael empire. You heard it here: dinner is where it is at.

Porcellino's is Project Green Fork certified.

Porcellino's Craft Butcher on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

Reese said...

Hey fantastic work with the blog you guys. Baby dutch pancakes are all I want now for tomorrows breakfast. But the biscuits look absolutely fantastic too. So it is a matter of making up the mind. Or just having both.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...