Tuesday, April 07, 2015

City & State

City & State
2625 Broad Avenue
249-2406


I am totally in love with City & State, the new coffee/retail shop on Broad Avenue. It's on the corner of Broad & Collins, and has a great parking lot in back.

from c&s facebook
(Photo courtesy of City & State)

I went in a couple of times during opening week and couldn't wait to take the monkeys (Satchel, 12, and Jiro, 10).

Yes, they drink coffee, sort of. Around the holidays, Satchel really wanted to try a pumpkin spice latte at Starbucks. As a treat, I let him. Then Jiro wanted to try. Then they came out with the peppermint whatever it was. So, somehow, a weekly coffee became their go to treat of choice.

I, myself, am not much of a coffee drinker. Well, at least not a snobby one. I brew it at home and then drink it cold with flavored creamer. But I do like to meet up for a fancy coffee from time to time.

So far, City & State is the most beautiful coffee shop to ever open in Memphis. (Yes, I am throwing down the gauntlet!)

from c&s facebook
(Photo courtesy of City & State)

It even has an amazing patio. (I love patios.)

from c&s facebook
(Photo courtesy of City & State)

from c&s facebook
(Photo courtesy of City & State)

So what about the coffee, you ask? It's delicious. It's Intelligentsia coffee. I am a fan of the bon bon with steamed milk. Look how cute! It's similar to a Cuban.

Untitled

You mix it all up and then combine it with the milk. So yummy.

Satchel tried the Lumberjack Latte which I believe has maple and pecan goodness in it.

Untitled

He loved it.

Untitled

Jiro had the cinnamon & brown sugar latte. He said it was yummmmmmmmmy.

Untitled

He also tried some pain au chocolate, which they source from la Baguette.

Untitled

I eventually convinced him to pick it up and eat it with his fingers.

We enjoyed having sit down coffee together and I hope that the monkeys will soon realize that sitting down and having coffee with a friend--or their mom--is one of life's great pleasures. (Cost wise, the coffee at City & State is only slightly more expensive than the boys' usual order at Starbucks.)

City & State also carries tea and has a few other edible items like oatmeal and chocolate bars! Next door, the retail space is a must visit. Lots of fun things to buy for yourself or someone you love.

Check it out!

City & State on Urbanspoon

4 comments:

Jordan said...

I've been trying to find a nice place to sit down besides the usual Starbucks for a while now. Great to see we've got a nice location like this! Will definitely have to give City & State a shot.

Jane said...

Only a bike ride away, I grace the pressence of this cozy cafe just for the Americano. Yay Coffee!

John said...

They have those glorious croissant things! I forget what they are called on the menu? Well City & State sure is Memphis's new coffee star!

John said...

City & State. Forgive me if I've passed this a million times without noticing. I should give this spot a try. Looks cozy enough to work on my laptop and such. Grateful for the share!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...