Wednesday, December 14, 2016

The Sear Shack

The Sear Shack
5101 Sanderlin Avenue, Suite 103
(901) 567-4909


I read about the locally owned, Shake Shack-ish Sear Shack opening awhile back, but when I got to the Collierville part, my eyes glazed over and I forgot about it. Then Holly over at I Love Memphis did a write up on the new East Memphis location last week, and I paid more attention. I texted Satchel (age 14) on Saturday to begin negotiations. (I'm the blue, in case it is not obvious.)

Untitled

Turns out, Satchel and his friends had been talking about the Sear Shack all week. Maybe they read the I Love Memphis blog, maybe one of them went there, I don't know. I was just happy to get a positive response from the teen. Our conversation did ultimately devolve when it looked like we *might* not get there at the exact same time that his friend was going to be there.

Anyway, dealing with Jiro is always so much easier. For comparison:

Untitled

We ended up arriving around noon thirty, and I worried it would be super crowded, but it was just normal crowded. It didn't look like much from the outside.

Untitled

Or really from the inside either.

Untitled

But everything, including the buns, is made from scratch, so I was ready to give it a try. Satchel's buddy was just ahead of us in line so he was happy and animated and chatty and witty and...maybe I just need to let him bring a friend everywhere we go? Hmmm...

The menu is very basic--burgers, double burgers, fries, and shakes. Boom. They come plain, with cheese or with bacon. No included toppings. You can pick from a number of standard toppings at no charge and then from some fancier ones if you wanna pay a little extra. We all just ordered burgers the way we like them and two fries to share based on Holly's suggestion. Satchel and I each got a shake (one Nutella, one salted caramel). Jiro didn't want one which was just plain weird, but it saved us $5.75. Our total was $35.34 and we were given a number. Satch went to sit with his friend and Jiro and I hit the condiment section for ketchup, and then the fountain for water. (Don't miss the homemade pickles!)

Untitled
Untitled

While we waited, I read up on the ol' Sear Shack. At least the name made sense now. (They sear the burgers and flatten them out for maximum sear-age.)

Untitled

Our number was soon called and I went to fetch the food. I love it when they make it easy to tell what's what.

Untitled

Satchel inhaled his.

Untitled

Jiro's had bacon on it, and he scarfed it down at lightening speed.

Untitled

I was taking my time, and paused for a close up. As you can see, the meat is REALLY thin. Like it could almost be a veggie burger because there's so little meat. (It's 4.5 ounces of Angus beef. And no, they do not have veggie burgers on the menu.)

Untitled

I'm not necessarily saying that as a complaint. It's was a good amount of food. We were all full, but not like FULL full, yk? I'm sure we'll be back.

The Sear Shack Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...