Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Burgerim

Burgerim
569 S Highland St.
(901) 308-1203


Getting the monkeys (Satchel, 14, and Jiro, 12) to (enthusiastically) try new things is quite difficult. My best bet is usually burgers. So, on Saturday, we hit up the new Burgerim on the Highland Strip.

Untitled

I didn't do a lot of research prior to going, so I wasn't aware that it's an Israeli chain. Very cool. I did realize that sliders are their specialty. Also cool. (In Hebrew, you add "im" to make things plural, so now the name makes perfect sense.)

It's a fast casual kinda place where you order at the counter and then find a seat. I especially like the bar seating, but we grabbed a booth.

Untitled

Ok, let's back up. When it was time to order, the monkeys were on it. They decided to split a trio of burgers (with their mutually agreed upon toppings of cheese, ketchup and pickle) and an order of wings. I felt like I needed to try something a little more exciting since they have so many options.

Untitled

For example, your patty can be made from Beef, Dry Aged Beef, Wagyu Beef, Merguez (Spicy Beef), Turkey, Lamb, Chicken, Salmon or Veggies. And for a little extra you can add Grilled Onion, Sauteed Mushrooms, Sunny Side Up Egg, Pineapple, Bacon, American Cheese, Avocado, and JalapeƱo. They also offer three bun types, including gluten free, and several sauces. Not wanting to hold up the line, and not really wanting a salad, I decided on the duo. I chose one with regular beef and a sunny side up egg and one with the spicy beef and avocado. I was given a choice of regular fries, sweet potato fries or half and half. So many choices! I went with sweet potato. Our total was $36.64.

I gave the monkeys the cups so they could handle the drink machine (which is the fancy kind with endless combinations) and took a seat. When the boys arrived, I asked them to put their phones away. They were thrilled. They love making conversation with their mom. I think Satchel spent most of the wait time explaining how his dad and I are both hippies, but I'm more of an urban hippie while his dad is a nature hippie.

Untitled

A film crew came in and started shooting and we saw a few people we knew, so it was very lively. The space is pretty small, but everyone seemed to find a place to sit, or was happy getting orders to go.

It took a little longer than I would have expected to get our food, but since they've only been open a short while, it was understandable. I enjoyed people watching and whatnot.

When our food arrived, it was neatly packaged in little boxes--another thing Burgerim is known for. (Look out, Krystal's!) The boys' food came together since they technically ordered a combo and a starter to share.

Untitled
Untitled

Of course the first thing we noticed was the fries. "They're like potato chips," Satchel noted as he began shoveling them in his mouth.

Untitled

They were both happily stuffing their faces in no time.

Untitled
Untitled

I was pleased with my little duo, and the system for determining which was which.

Untitled
Untitled

My fries were regularly shaped, but I did notice today on the website that the sweet potato fries are pictured as slices, so maybe that will change.

I have to admit that the spicy beef, which the guy told me was really "spiced" beef and more sweet than spicy, was weird. The texture was bizarre. And don't get me started on that avocado!

Untitled

However, the regular beef with a sunny side egg was outstanding. It was a little messy. My hand was covered in delicious runny yolk, so I didn't even try get a close up. I just ate it and made happy noises. For whatever reason, the boys couldn't finish the wings, so I tried a few of them as well. They were pretty good. They had more batter than you'd usually find on a hot wing, but I don't consider that a bad thing.

Final verdict? The monkeys LOVED it. I liked it, and would definitely go back to try a few other menu items, especially if I was in the area. But let's be real, Slider Inn will always be my BAE.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...