Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Rock'n Dough Pizza Co.

Rock'n Dough Pizza Co.

Untitled

If you are a fan of the pizza at the Trolley Stop Market (and who isn't?) then this is the food truck for you. Jeremy Denno, the mastermind behind the pizza at the Trolley Stop has taken his show on the road. He has a trailer fully outfitted with a wood fired brick oven and it cranks out the pizzas we have come to love at the Trolley Stop. He sets up out back of the restaurant after hours and he can be found at the downtown farmer's market. We had the pleasure of hanging out with him yesterday at the Whitton Farms Fall Festival.

Seriously, how cool is it that this oven is in a truck?!

Untitled

The food truck is a family affair. Here's Jeremy expediting the orders..

Untitled

Here's Jeremy's brother, inside, making a pizza.

Untitled

Here's Jeremy's lovely wife, Amanda, out front taking orders.

Untitled

At one point his mom was helping out too, but I didn't get her picture. Here's the menu from the day:

Untitled

Basically, Jeremy makes sure that there's always cheese and pepperoni ready, and then he makes different topping combinations throughout the day. I never managed to see a wrap, but I can't imagine ever ordering anything but pizza because it is the best pizza ever.

Untitled
Untitled

Jiro (age 8) had a slice of pepperoni, naturally, and Warren and I went for the pineapple, chicken, and jalapeno that just came out of the oven. So, so good.

Untitled

I love that everything is served on cardboard and that there is no styrofoam. Woot! And I always appreciate it when there is a seltzer among the drink choices.

Untitled

Jeremy was also making fried apple fritters yesterday.

Untitled

Jiro stuffed his face while waiting on a tractor ride to hide baby pumpkins.

Untitled

Now that the farmer's market downtown is ending, Rock'n Dough Pizza Co. may be out and about more often, so keep a look out. Jeremy is also very interested in doing private parties too. Oh, he also has an oven that he rents out to people who want to make their own pizzas. How fun would that be?

You can follow the Rock'n Dough Pizza Co on Facebook and read more of their story here.

I really want one of their cool t-shirts.

My friend, Jamie, snapped a pic of me snooping...so here's a bonus behind the scenes look at Dining with Monkeys. Thanks, Jamie!


Rock'n Dough Pizza Co. on Urbanspoon

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Stacy! I read Dining with Monkeys all the time and I am so excited you reviewed us!

We are getting some more shirts printed up, I will get one to you when they come in.

Unknown said...

Jeremy is my hommie from Los Angeles. GREAT to see him and his family kicking ass. I see a road trip in the future. Either pizza truck comes here or I go there... most likely the latter. LOL

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...