Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Local Lime (Little Rock)

Local Lime
17815 Chenal Parkway
Little Rock, AR 72223
(501) 448-2226


Last Friday, Warren and I drove the monkeys (Satchel, 13, and Jiro, 11) to Little Rock to see Star Wars on an IMAX screen. The Chenal Theater is part of a larger shopping center, similar to Carriage Crossing. Directly across from the theater is a place called Local Lime. We'd heard good things, so we decided to check it out.

Untitled

It's really cute on the inside. I especially liked the bar. It felt hip, and not at all like we were in a mall.

Untitled

We were the first customers of the day at 10:50ish, but it soon filled up.

Untitled

The menu is amazing. I wanted to eat everything.

Untitled
Untitled

We started with a trio of salsas--Zucchini (zucchini, green chilis, pumpkin seeds, cilantro, Mexican crema & lime juice), Caribbean Mango (mango, papaya, pineapple, habaneros, roasted tomatoes, jalapenos, onion, cilantro, lime) and the House Tomato.

Untitled

They came with housemade tortilla chips.

Untitled

Each one was delicious, but I have to say that zucchini salsa was a show stopper! Damn!

We also tried the cheese dip which was on point.

Untitled

Since the chip & dip were blowing me away I decided I needed to try the house made margaritas. It proved to be a smart move.

Untitled

We were all quite happy.

Untitled

Our main dishes came out soon after. Satchel had the tamales, which were a special. Black bean & spinach, I think.

Untitled

Jiro had a trio of grilled chicken tacos.

Untitled

Warren had local carnitas with a really delicious side of pickled veggies.

Untitled

I had the Coastal Citrus salad with salmon. It was the freshest, best salad I have ever eaten. EVER. Seriously. And I eat a lot of salad.

Untitled

We all loved what we ordered and none of us could finish. Thumbs up on the delicious and generous portions. I might have stayed a little longer to polish off the cheese dip entirely, but the boys (all 3) were anxious to get in line for the movie. So we paid ($75 plus tip), hit the bathrooms (very nice!), and then walked across the street.

I highly recommend a road trip the next time there's a really exciting movie you want to see on the big screen.

Untitled

Local Lime Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...